A Delightful Lemon and Rose Mocktail ... (Or Cocktail!)
Updated: Feb 26, 2019
Happy Valentine's Day week! Is that a thing? Because I am totally in the spirit as I kick off this recipe. Or maybe I am totally wishing for spring with this drink, when in reality it is still winter outside!
I'm going to keep it super short and sweet today, with no run arounds. Here's the bottom line. This drink is as delightful as it is delicious! No matter which way you choose to enjoy it ... mocktail or cocktail. And if you put this recipe off til later, that's great! Because it can be enjoyed in the warm weather that's just around the corner (fingers crossed!).
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
Servings: 1 drink
1) Vodka - 30 mL (omit if you want to make a mocktail)
2) Sparkling Water - 3/4 cup
3) Lemon Juice - 2 tablespoons
4) Rose Water - 1 tablespoon
5) Lime Slices - for garnish
6) Ice Cubes
Combine the lemon juice, rose water and vodka (if using) into a cocktail shaker and fill with ice. Shake well until combined and strain into a glass. Pour in sparkling water. Enjoy!
A few tips:
1) If you are not into rose flavor, then skip this step, or add 1/2 a tablespoon to start. Too much rose water can really make things taste like soap, so you may want to be ginger when you add it.
2) Opt for lemon lime soda or carbonated pink lemonade (I love to use the one from TJs) if you don't want to mess around with lemon juice and sparkling water. It simplifies the ingredients and helps you make this drink even faster! If you decide to use soda or a carbonated pink lemonade, remember that you shouldn't shake it in a cocktail strainer!
3) Pre-garnish your glasses with slices of lime and ice cubes. This just helps your drink pop!
4) For a little play with color, make colored ice cubes! Add a drop of pink and/or blue food coloring to the water in your ice tray before you place it in the freezer. When you take it out, it will add the perfect pop of color to your drink.
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below, tag me in a photo on instagram using #thisissimplicite or send me an email. I hope you enjoy this recipe!