Better Than The Box: Simple Brownies With Salted Caramel Drizzle
Hello friends! I know I have totally fallen off the map and It's been a while since my last post. But I have had good reason! My husband and I welcomed a sweet baby girl in February and our lives have been in a whirlwind ever since. But we really wouldn't have it any other way! Thank you to those of you who sent messages via email and Instagram - your kinds words really have meant so much! Over the next few months I'll be sharing more home projects and updates about #momlife and how I have been adjusting, but let's get to the real reason we are chatting today - decadent brownies!
I'm so excited to be sharing this recipe with you today! This has been my go to recipe for brownies years - I'm really not sure why I waited so long to blog about it! They are simple and really no fail. Every time I have made these brownies for friends and family, I have heard them ooh and ahhh - these brownies are THAT good. I mean, they are the real deal - crinkly top, ooey gooey center with crispy corners. And every time I make these, I have no luck NOT licking the spoon - the batter is just delicious. These brownies are scrumptious on their own or topped with your favorite fixins: nuts, chocolate chips, caramel pieces, marshmallows - whatever your whimsy, you can throw it right in.
Without further ado, let's jump into the recipe shall we? Let me share Better Than The Box: Simple Brownies With Salted Caramel Drizzle.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 25-35 minutes
Total Time: 45-55 minutes
Ingredients for Brownies:
1 cup unsalted, melted butter
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/4 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
3/4 teaspoon salt
Ingredients for Salted Caramel Drizzle:
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup 2% milk
Sea Salt (or any coarse salt) to taste
Instructions for Brownies:
1) preheat your oven to 175 C (350 F).
2) lightly grease your pan with cooking spray or butter. Line with parchment paper and set aside.
3) sift flour, cocoa powder and salt and set aside.
4) in a stand mixer, combine butter, vegetable oil, white and brown sugar and whisk well.
5) add in eggs, one at a time and then add vanilla extract. Mix well until fluffy.
6) gently fold in dry sifted mixture into wet ingredients until combined. DO NOT over mix or beat.
7) add in toppings of choice and fold into batter.
8) pour batter into prepared pans with a spoon and smoothen out the top evenly. Add additional toppings if desired.
9) bake for 25-35 minutes. Insert toothpick and ensure it comes out sticky for the perfect ooey gooey texture.
10) let sit for 15-20 minutes. Remove parchment paper from pan and section brownies as desired.
Instructions for Salted Caramel Drizzle:
1) combine sugar and water in a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Place lid over saucepan.
2) once water has come to a boil, remove lid and allow water to continue to boil. DO NOT stir with a spoon - gently swirl the pot to mix if needed. Continue boiling until water begins to darken to a golden brown.
3) once brown, remove pan from heat and whisk in butter.
4) once butter has melted SLOWLY add in milk and stir to combine.
5) return saucepan to medium heat. Add in salt of your choice and boil for 1 minute until sauce thickens.
6) allow caramel to cool and serve over brownies. Store excess in fridge or freeze for future use.
If you try this recipe, Better Than The Box: Simple Brownies With Salted Caramel Drizzle , I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below, tag me in a photo on Instagram using #thisissimplicite or send me an email. If you would like to refer back to this recipe, go ahead and pin the image below! Enjoy!