The Ultimate No Bake Cheesecake With Lemon, Elderflower & Gooseberries
I showcased this scrumptious dessert in my spring home tour (you can check it out here) and so many of you messaged asking for the recipe. This dessert is one of my tried, tested and true recipes, so I felt it deserved its very own blog post! It's simple, easy and transcends all seasons! I like to enjoy this no bake cheesecake in the warmer months and it's often showcased on my dessert table during the holidays. To ensure that I don't eat more than I should, I make this cheesecake in 4 inch mini scalloped tart pans.
If you are a sucker for cheesecake, but you are not in the mood to slave away in the kitchen, you have come to the right place! This recipe is the ultimate no bake cheesecake, topped with lemon, elderflower syrup and gooseberries. This dessert can be made the night before, and can be whipped up in minutes. There's no egg, no difficult crust and no mess! Let's get started!
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 6 hours-overnight
Total Time: 12 hours
2 cups (160g) graham cracker crumbs
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
16 ounces plain full fat cream cheese (two 8 ounce packages, 455g)
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1.5 cups whipping cream
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/8 teaspoon salt
1) place graham crackers in a ziplock bag and use a rolling pin to (gently) crush crackers into crumbs.
2) combine graham cracker crumbs, granulated sugar and melted butter in a small bowl and mix well. Ensure all graham cracker crumbs are coated wth sugar and melted butter.
3) spoon graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar mixture into the bottom on your tart pans. Use the back of your spoon to press crumbs firmly against bottom and sides of pan.
Scroll down for photos demonstrating this exact method.
1) combine cream cheese, sugar, lemon juice, vanilla extract, sugar and salt in bowl of a stand mixer and mix at medium speed until soft and smooth
2) pour in whipping cream. Mix whipping cream into cream cheese mixture at low speed to combine.
3) whip the entire mixture at high speed for 7-10 minutes. This ensures that air incorporates into the filling to make it light and fluffy.
4) spoon this mixture into your prepared tart pans
5) use a small palette knife to ensure filling is flat and fills the edges of your pan
6) refrigerate filled pans for at least 6 hours (overnight is better!)
1) add gooseberries in desired pattern or style
2) add lemon rind to gooseberries for the added pop of yellow and sprinkle lemon zest over the cheesecakes
3) in a teaspoon, pour elderflower syrup and drizzle over the cheesecakes
Now they are ready to be served!
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below, tag me in a photo on instagram using #thisissimplicite or send me an email. I hope you enjoy this recipe!