Modern Fall Lunaria Wreath (Including DIY Video)
Updated: Sep 10
Hello friends! Hope you have been well! Today, I'm joining several blogger friends to bring you simple fall DIYs. Now that Labor Day is behind us, we are excited to inspire you to embrace the fall season and transform your homes into a cozy autumnal haven. So be sure to scroll down to the very bottom of this post to check out all of stunning DIY projects.
Fall is (almost) officially here and this puts me in the mood to bake and craft! I've been seeing lunaria stems and wreaths all over Instagram and Pinterest and I thought I would create one and put a fall spin on it. The stems of a lunaria plant are elegant, while the leaves are delicate - they almost appear like translucent silver dollar eucalyptus. After just one look at them I thought they would be perfect for fall and even the holiday season. Any decor that can be used across two seasons is a win in my books! So let me share with you how I put this modern fall lunaria wreath together.
Here is what you will need:
1) premade lunaria wreath, or lunaria stems and a ring form
2) an assortment of plum eucalyptus, light pink stems and deeper hued florals. The goal here is to mix and match stems of various textures and colors to create depth and visual interest.
3) floral wire to secure branches into the ring form
4) hook and ribbon to hang the wreath
Let's get started!
1) arrange your lunaria stems around the ring form and secure. If you purchased a premade lunaria wreath, skip this step.
2) fluff your lunaria branches to give your wreath a full appearance.
3) on the bottom half of the wreath, tuck in larger stems and orient them in either direction to create symmetry.
4) on top of the larger stems, tuck in smaller branches with different colors and textures.
5) once you are happy with stem placement, secure with floral wire.
6) add small floral stems to the middle of the secured branches.
Here's a quick timelapse video showing you how to create this Modern Fall Lunaria wreath.
This Modern Fall Lunaria Wreath is really simple to put together and the end result is absolutely stunning. Use ribbon and hook to place this wreath above a mantel or bed or even on your front door.
If you enjoyed this DIY Modern Fall Lunaria Wreath tutorial, pin it for later.
And there you have it! A Modern Fall Lunaria Wreath that was easy to put together and that you can admire for many months to come. If you love this DIY wreath, I think you may like others that I have shared on my blog. Check out the Minimalist Modern Summer Wreath here or a Quick and Easy Floral Chandelier DIY here.
If you DIY your own fall wreath, I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below, tag me in your instagram post using #thisissimplicite or email me! Happy decorating!