5 Minute Avocado Toast Recipe
Updated: Mar 4, 2019
Who doesn't love avocado?! They are buttery, smooth, luxurious and decadent. They are in season no matter the weather and taste great on anything! They are one of the few things that are delicious AND good for you! I eat them on the daily, by slicing them up and pairing them with tomatoes, olive oil and a few spices. Avocado toast is the perfect meal or snack, and can be made in so many ways. This is a way that I love to enjoy them.
Here's what you need:
- 2 slices of your favorite bread
- 1 avocado peeled and seeded
- 1/2 a large tomato
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of dried parsley
Course: any snack/meal
Prep Time: 3 minutes
Cook Time: 2 minutes
Total Time: 5 minutes
1) toast the bread of your choice
2) slice your avocado into thin slices and place them on toasted bread
3) cube 1/2 a large tomato and place them on the avocado slices
4) drizzle each slice with olive oil
5) sprinkle salt, pepper, garlic powder and parsley on each slice of toast
A few helpful tips!
- slice your avocado, and tomatoes a few days early and store them in the fridge. This way, you only have to assemble your toast when you are ready to eat!
- if you don't like the consistency of sliced avocado, you can totally mash them with the back of a fork and spread them on toast
- put an egg on it! for some extra protein, add fried, scrambled or poached egg
- do you like it hot?! add a dash of hot sauce
or chili flakes for some extra heat
If you try this recipe, I would love to hear from you! Leave a comment below, tag me in a photo on instagram using #thisissimplicite or send me an email.