A Fast And Easy Fruit-Nut-Cheese Plate That Everyone Will Love ...
Quick fun fact about me ... I LOVE CHEESE! Like any kind of cheese. And I can eat cheese for breakfast, lunch, dinner and all the snacks in between. I love it so much that if I were stranded on an island and I could have only one thing, cheese would be it (sorry husband, cheese wins!).
Over the last few months, I've seen charcuterie boards gain immense popularity and I wanted in on the action. The only problem is ... I'm a vegetarian! So I thought, let's create a plate that a) anyone can enjoy b) has all the yummy things, c) can feed a ton of people and d) you can put this together in under 10 minutes. I created this fun fruit-nut-cheese plate that can be enjoyed in any season, by any number of people and contains a lot of healthy options!
Here's what you will need:
1) variety of cheeses: I used colby jack, mild cheddar, swiss, pepper jack, manchengo, iberico
2) variety of fruit: I used grapes, pear, blood oranges, dried cranberries
3) variety of nuts: I used honey-roasted peanuts, cashews, almonds
Here's how I arranged everything:
1) Place your cheeses on opposite ends of your board. If you have cheeses that are similar in color, spread them out to create visual interest.
2) Slice some of your fruit, but not all of it. Arrange your slices along one side of your board, and place the whole fruit on another part of the board. Again this keeps your board visually appealing and it spreads out your guests while they are reaching for the goodies.
3) Arrange a variety of nuts in between. I love to add heaping piles of nuts in between the cheeses and fruit. Alternating colors will keep you board looking vibrant and will totally impress you guests.
4) Dig in and enjoy it!
Not quite ready to use these tips? Pin them later!
If you find this post helpful, or you create your own cheese plate, would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below, tag me in your instagram post using #thisissimpliciteor email me!