Modern Whimsical Snowflake Christmas Tree
Hello friends! Hope you have been well! Today, I'm joining several blogger friends to bring you simple holiday crafts/DIYs. Now that November is here, we are excited to inspire you to embrace the holiday season and transform your homes into a cozy winter haven. So be sure to scroll down to the very bottom of this post to check out all of stunning DIY projects.
The holiday season is (almost) here and this puts me in the mood to bake and craft! I've been seeing modern whimsical Christmas trees all over Instagram and Pinterest and I thought I would create some and put my own spin on it. These trees are elegant, and are really easy to make. After just one look at them I thought they would be perfect to include in my holiday decor. They would look great on a mantle, tablescape or on a shelf. So let me share with you how I put this modern whimsical snowflake Christmas tree together.
Here's what you will need:
- pre cut snowflakes (I purchased these silver colored ones from Michaels)
- bamboo skewers
- large corks
- round beads (optional if you would like to place these between the snowflakes)
1) pierce the largest snowflake with the end of the skewer and slide it down about 3/4 of the way
2) you can choose to add a bead to separate the snowflakes or just make sure they are equally spaced. Next add another 3 snowflakes of the same size.
3) add 4 medium sized snowflakes and space them equally (or add a bead to separate them).
4) add 1-2 small sized snowflakes.
5) attach the base of the skewer to a large cork. You can add a drop of glue if the skewer won't stand up straight.
And there you have it! Modern whimsical Christmas trees that are easy to put together and that you can admire for many months to come. If you love this DIY Christmas craft, I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below, tag me in your instagram post using #thisissimplicite or email me! Happy decorating!