A Quick & Easy Winter Tablescape (Using that Christmas Decor!)
Updated: Mar 25, 2019
Hello friends! Welcome to our winter tablescape blog hop! If you are coming from House by the Bay Design, I'm so glad to have you here! Whether you are an old or new friend, welcome! I'm thrilled to have you join me ...
The top decor question on everyone's mind is how do I decorate my home for winter? Do I rush and decorate for spring (but it's January!)? Do I keep my holiday decor up (but it's over!)? Do I do nothing (but I want to do something!)?
A focal point in my home is my dining table. You can see this spot from every angle in my home. Its where we share our meals and make memories. Because of this, I LOVE to decorate it. I know, some people cringe at having to put table decor together. But it doesn't have to be this way!
I want to show you an easy way to dress up your dining table, using things you already have in your home.
You will need:
1) greenery of any kind. I love to use eucalyptus stems, but feel free to use any greenery you like (pine/boxwood garland, magnolia stems)
2) trees to add some height. I used boxwood here, but you could use any table top tree
3) fruit. I used kumquats and blood oranges. You can use any bright colored winter fruit (think apples, pomegranate, pears, berries, grapes)
4) candles. I added a few votives and few candlesticks to add a magical glow
5) bowls or coups. I used silver champagne coups, but any tall bowl or glass will do
1) put down your table runner and place your green stems or garland on top. Placing stems or parts of the garland to cover the edges of your runner makes your greenery look fuller.
2) place your trees strategically on your runner to cover some of the sparse areas of your garland or stems. The trees not only elevate your table setting, they also make it look fuller.
3) nestle your fruit in your stems/garland. Strategically placing your fruit against the greenery provides the perfect contrast and also adds a pop of color.
4) cut some of your fruit and place them in bowls/coups. Arrange these bowls/coups along your runner or on individual place settings.
5) mix in some votives and candlesticks to add the perfect glow.
And there you have it. A quick and easy way to style your table for the winter.
Are you IN LOVE with citrus as much as I am? Stay tuned for a few delicious citrus recipes to hit the blog soon!
If you find this inspiring and create a tablescape, I would love to hear from you! Leave me a comment below, tag me in your instagram post using #thisissimplicite or email me!
Visit my other friends on this blog hop!